Amazon Relay Trucking Insurance Requirements
As a new trucking company or power only carrier, working with Amazon Relay can be a great way to grow your business. They provide Carriers with short-term contracts, specific load boards, on an easy to use app which can give your business quick notifications, as well as commercial navigation showing things like more truck friendly routes, low bridges and weight limit restrictions. With the cost of equipment rising, Amazon Relay provides a very viable program for power only trucking companies looking to build their business and stay busy.
What are the requirements to carry loads for Amazon?
- You will need an Active DOT number with authorized interstate authority and valid Motor Carrier (MC) number
- A “Carrier” status entity type that is authorized for property and for hire
- A “Satisfactory”, “None”, or “Not Rated” Safety Rating with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (Basic) scores:
- Unsafe Driving & HOS Compliance below 60%
- Vehicle Maintenance below 75%
What are the insurance requirements to carry loads for Amazon?
- Auto Liability Insurance of 1,000,000 or more
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance of 100,000 or more
- Trailer Interchange Coverage of 50,000 or more
- Commercial General Liability Insurance of 1,000,000 per occurrence and 2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Workers compensation insurance where your company operates
- Employer Liability of 100,000 per occurrence or more
What type of equipment will Amazon work with?
- Sleeper Tractors
- Day Cab Tractors
- Box Trucks
- Trailers: 28’, 53’ Dry van and Reefer
As your agent, Road Ready Insurance Agency can help you gather all of the needed insurance requirements to meet the compliance of the Amazon Relay program. Our agents are specialized in trucking and transportation insurance and are licensed in 48 States including D.C. Don’t trust your business insurance to a general or non-specialized agent. We will provide you with the most competitive programs across the country as well as the best service you will get in the industry.Get a Quote Call Us