Fuel costs can take up a big portion of your trucking company’s operating expenses. The TCS Fuel Card, is a comprehensive fuel card for trucking companies of all sizes. Our program provides the money-saving fuel discounts you want, and the fuel management tools needed to find the best discounted fuel prices at more than 1,500 in-network locations across the United States and Canada.
TCS Fuel Card Program Key Benefits:
- Save an average of 49 cents* per gallon on diesel fuel at in-network fuel discount locations
- $0 transaction fees at in-network locations
- Cost-plus fuel discount network with more than 1,500 locations throughout the United States and Canada
- 24/7 customer service
- Universal acceptance at more than 12,000 fuel stops nationwide
- Point-of-sale discounts at the pump
- Low transaction fee at out-of-network locations with no hidden costs
- Discounted 24/7 roadside assistance with service provided by TA Truck Service®
- Automatic discounts on tires, service, and maintenance at TA Truck Service® centers when you give your DOT Number during payment.
- Free mobile app with fuel finder and on-the-go fuel management tools
- Free online account management website available 24/7
Read more in the TCS Frequently Asked Questions
*Average savings of 49 cents per gallon is based on actual in-network TCS client transactions for Q2 of 2023.
TCS In-Network Fuel Partners:
TCS Fuel Management Tools
A fuel card that works as hard as you do!
The TCS Fuel Card offers a comprehensive fuel management system — complete with a fuel card, an account management website and a mobile app — to support all of your fuel management needs.
With our unique fuel card system, you get substantial fuel and service discounts nationwide, real-time updates, on-the-go account access and the easiest to use fuel management tools in the industry.
TCS Mobile App
The TCS mobile app allows you to manage your fuel account from the convenience of your smart phone or tablet. The mobile app is available for Android® and iOS© devices.
- 24/7 account access from your mobile device
- Manage your company fuel cards from anywhere
- Securely issue industry checks from your TCS account
- Find the best fuel prices in your area or along your route with the TCS Fuel Finder
- Receive real-time account updates to stay informed
- Contact TCS Client Services directly from the app
TCS Fuel Finder
Available on both the TCS online account management website and the TCS mobile app, the Fuel Finder is designed to help you control fuel costs by allowing you to see all fuel prices along any route. You can search a specific radius, add an origin and destination, see truck stop amenities, or you can elect to avoid highways and tolls. No matter how you choose to use it, the Fuel Finder can be a very effective tool for improving your trucking company’s bottom line.
- Search from a current location to destination, or enter a different origin and destination
- View by chain or list by price
- See retail price, ex-tax and TCS discount price
- Options to avoid highways or tolls
- Search in-network discount locations to find the best fuel prices along your route
- Search within a specific radius
- See truck stop amenities
TCS Management Website
The TCS website is easy to use, mobile-friendly, reliable, secure, and easily accessible. It updates in real-time and allows complete transparency into your fuel account.
- FREE personalized account management website with dashboard snapshot of your account
- Easy for owners and drivers to use
- 24/7 accessibility on your computer, tablet, or smart phone
- View account balances and card limits
- FREE Fuel Finder to locate the best fuel prices along your route
- Issue checks and view statements
- Options to create users and customize permissions and spending
- Easy to understand, itemized statements for each account
Difference Between Retail Minus and Cost-Plus Pricing:
Retail minus price – This is the retail price minus a negotiated discount per gallon. The retail price will always be the lowest posted pump price and is typically the price per gallon charged to customers who pay with cash or a fuel card. So, let’s say the retail price is $5.00 and the negotiated discount is 5 cents. You pay $4.95 per gallon.
Cost plus price – Cost plus is the cost of a diesel gallon (with taxes and freight costs to transport the fuel from rack to truck stop) plus a pumping fee. When you see cost plus price, think of it as the price that truck stop is paying for each gallon of diesel, then add a few cents to that. If the cost price is $4.50 and the plus is 5 cents, you pay $4.55 per gallon. So, if the retail price was $5.00, you would save $0.45 cents per gallon on that fill up.