Fleet Trucking Insurance

Everyone has different ideas of size, but for most insurance carriers fleet trucking insurance starts when a motor carrier reaches 10 or more trucks in the fleet. At this stage most companies will start to have their own safety programs, director, dispatcher and start making the transition from a small owner operator type company to a commercial fleet. Insurance coverages will generally remain the same, but the responsibility of the agent will greatly increase as a result of the successful growth of your trucking company.

At 10+ trucks and roughly 2 years or more in business, most fleets will be able to qualify for more preferred insurance programs with the top insurance companies in the country. At Road Ready Insurance Agency, we represent the best insurance companies and have access to the most competitive fleet programs in the country. Regardless of what state your trucking company is in, Road Ready Insurance agency will be able to help you obtain the best and most cost effective fleet trucking insurance coverage in the industry.

As a truck fleet with 10+ power units, here are a few ways that Road Ready can help you:

  • Dedicated account manager, agent and customer service rep on ever fleet account
  • Free claims oversight and assistance program with internal licensed trucking claims adjuster
  • Driver Screening and MVR services
  • Accelerated growth insurance program
  • Vehicle telematics and GPS reporting capabilities
  • Online portal for on demand Certificates of Insurance (COI’s)
  • Access to critical forms and documentation (Trailer Interchange, lease agreements, Sample contracts etc.)

What are the Trucking Insurance Requirements for Fleets of 10 or more units?

  • Trucking Liability Insurance – this is typically written at $1,000,000 (one million dollars) and covers your company for Bodily injury liability and property damage. The Federal Motor Carriers Administration (FMCSA) requires all Trucking companies with their own authority to carry a minimum of $750,000 dollars of liability coverage, although the industry norm is $1,000,000 of liability coverage for over 90% of your freight brokers.
  • Motor Truck Cargo (Cargo Liability) Insurance – Covers for the damage or loss of the freight, load, or cargo that you are hauling. This is typically written at a $100,000 limit with certain exceptions.
  • Physical Damage – Pays for the repairs your truck or trailer may have as a result of an accident. The damage can be caused by another vehicle or another object. You will typically want to insure up to the vehicles replacement value when placing physical damage insurance on your truck or trailer.
  • Truckers General Liability – typically written at 1/2Million in general liability coverage and often confused with Primary trucking liability (It is not Trucking Liability). This will provide you coverage for injuries or property damage that you or your company cause in which are Not Related to trucking.
  • Workers Compensation – if you have your drivers as W2 employees, it is required for you to carry and provide workers compensation insurance for your staff. If you have your drivers as 1099’s or owner operator 1099’s leased on to your authority you would not be required to have Work Comp, however you may want to have Occupational Accident coverage in place to insure against generally the same thing.

At Road Ready Insurance our agents and entire staff is specialized and focused in the trucking & transportation industry. It is very common for trucking company in the early years to outgrow their general agent as the company grows into a fleet of 10+ Trucks. Road Ready Insurance has the top markets in the country and can ensure your company the best service, and most competitive rates within the industry.

Get a Quote   Call Us
Copyright ©2024 Road Ready Insurance Agency. All Rights Reserved.